Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In Denmark a Baby Giraffe is put down and fed to lion's because it was inbreeded and the zoo didnt want to sell it or let it out into the wild.

I dont know where to begin with this article I have read about the incident that happened in Denmark. So I was browsing MSNBC world new's just because I like to keep up with what's happening in the world and came across an article titled "Children watched as a giraffe was euthanized and fed to lions." I dont know about you but just the title alone struck me saying what the hell is this? So in Copenhagen, Denmark at a Danish zoo on sunday it had put down a healthy young giraffe to prevent inbreeding. The fate of 18-month-old Marius was left in the hand's of the zoo. Many people signed a petition to save the animal. There was a facebook page made to save young Marius with thousands of Danish along with an english version that had over 24000 member's who signed that petition. There was a even a Billionare who offered millions to buy young Marius and to keep him in his garden. The zoo would not budge and said it was against theyre policy that they were not alowed to sell any of the animals from the zoo. So after killing the giraffe they chopped him up and fed him a full maned lion and other carnivores at the zoo. There was many spectator's including children whom had been who were there watching it happen. I just really wanted to say who are we to play go on a innocent animal whom was healthy and deserves life just as much as we do? I think this is absolutely barbaric and discusting thing to do. The giraffe didnt ask to be born into the zoo. The giraffe didnt ask anything of anyone when they owe it to the animal to take care of him since they hold him in captivity. I think the zoo should be shut down for doing something that was extremely cruel and in front of children to boot. If zoo's are treating animals like this then its playing god and we dont have any right to. The animal population is geting smaller and smaller. We already have so many species of animal's going extinct everyday so whats to say there will be a  day we dont have any more giraffe's? I know im all over with my ranting and complaining but this got me really upset that young healthy Marius never got the chance to enjoy his life. The zoo is no worse than a extremist tyrant bully who needs to be shut down and let the rest of the animals be sent somewhere you know they will take care of them. I honestly believe if anyone continue's to go to this zoo its promoting innocent death of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment